So now that I am fully enroled onto my BA Fashion course I thought I would tell you guys about my moving in, my beautiful room and house, my university and first week experiences!! I’m still working out how to budget, and being a fashion student can be very expensive because of all the materials and equipment we need to buy, so it isn’t easy! I must say, it was interesting going through the stage of thinking that I was incredibly poor and writing Haiku about being a poor student shopping in ASDA. Managed to get pate for 65p though which made my day; fortunately I have a boyfriend that is very good at maths and can work out which is cheaper, 160 tea bags or 80.
If you’ve read my blog before, you may know that I am studying in Epsom at UCA. I really like the area, the shops and the people and even the Boogie Lounge, our local ‘club’ is quite endearing. The first freshers event was called ‘rubbish start to freshers’ where we had to wear bin bags. Some people got creative, and as I found out about the event last minute, I went for a white tail and unicorn horn. Fabulous. Hope you guys like the pictures!!
My duvet sets!
My bin!! From Dunelm Mill
GET A PRINTER! It’s so much cheaper!!
Mannequin and pin sets – from my textiles teacher!!
As a fashion student, I have lots of fabric and Indian fabric as well that I got for a small amount of money that I’ve draped over my mirror, chest of drawers and what not!
It might be a bit late, but here are my University tips for anyone who’s listening!!
- If you can afford it, get two duvet and pillow sets so you don’t have to worry about having to clean one, plus you can get such funky prints that can change completely how your room looks – how fun!
- GET A ONESIE. THEY ARE SO WARM AND SNUGGLY.
- Be confident, be sociable and be confident in your own skin. You will find people like you, it’s university, it’s a diverse place!!
- Be organised and do your work but have fun!
- Take loads of plastic bags and reuse them. Seriously, I didn’t realise how much I needed them until now.
- Nick as much as you can from home before you leave! MWUAHAHHA!
Go to charity shops to find cute and cheap little things like teacups – so sweet!
I got this flower jug from home but you get what I mean!
My outfits from this week!!
So I’ve now decided to start a weekly post on my blog of the things I get up to, the work that I’ve done, my achievements, my not so good achievements (!), my experiences, interesting artists and designers that I discover and anything else that I find interesting!
Hope you guys enjoy!! 🙂 xx